Role Type: None
A Townie is a Town player with no special powers. The only action a Townie is able to take is the same as every player in the Game: posting and voting for players to be lynched during the Day.
Player A: Townie
Day One: Player A can chat and vote for players to be lynched in the Day post with all other players.
Night One: Player A has no special abilities and therefore cannot do anything during the Night.
You are [insert character name], a Town Townie.
- During each Day, you can chat with all other game participants in the Day post and vote for a player to be lynched.
- During the Night, you can do nothing.
- You win if all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is alive.
The Townie role has been used in every edition of The Bookish Games.
Welcome, [Player]! You are a Vanilla Townie.
- You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.
- You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
A Vanilla Cop is a cop that gets results in the form of ‘Vanilla’ and ‘Not Vanilla’. In a way similar to Role Cops, it gets a Vanilla result on both Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons, though it gets ‘Not Vanilla’ instead of an actual role on any Power Roles.
A Vanillaiser (or Vanillaizer) is a player who can target another player at night to remove their power, turning them into the Vanilla version of their role (Vanilla Townie and Mafia Goons).
Mountainous is a set-up where all roles in the game are Vanilla.
Used in The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Divergent, Death Note, Ready Player One/Two, Grisha, Lunar Chronicles, Chaos Walking