Welcome to The Bookish Games, a variation of the game most commonly known as Mafia, Werewolf, or Town of Salem. If you want to know more about The Bookish Games, including How to Play, please check out the links in the menu.
NOTE: Only players who have signed up for the Game should comment on this post. If you are not a participant but want to talk about the Games, please contact us on Twitter and we’ll send you access to the Spectators Chat.
- Harker @thehermitlibrarian (they/them)
- Jeann @happyindulgence (she/her)
- Beth @ArtemisHi (she/her)
- Amber B @YAIndulgences (she/her)
- Meeghan @ Meeghan Reads (she/her)
- Siran @ToukhanianSiran (she/her)
- Greg @GregsBookHaven (he/him)
- Jenn @bookish_ginger (she/her)
- Shannon W @tibbs10 (she/her)
- Kara @ Dalliant Thoughts (she/her)
- Dana @DanaBartelt (she/her)
- Megan @Megan_Roze (she/her)
- Maria @mhisreading (she/her)
- Anna @AnnaJJacobson1 (she/her)
- Amber G @ Books of Amber (she/her)
- Nicole @tardigradeTay (she/her)
- Kerrie @lovekerrie (she/her)
- Anne @amengelhart (she/her)
- Kerys @ The Everlasting Library (she/her)
Game Master’s Notes
Welcome to Day One of The Bookish Games: The 100. Over the next few weeks, you’ll be working towards achieving your goals, slowly eliminating one another while navigating the twists built into this game. We hope you’ll love what we have in store for you. This is our fifteenth edition, and I’m working with a co-host who loves The Hunger Games and The 100, so… consider this a kind of Quarter Quell. May the odds be ever in your favour. 😉
Before we begin, a few notes and reminders:
- Please make sure you have read your Role email prior to commenting in the game. (That first comment requirement is still in effect for this edition. Hint hint.)
- It is also assumed by now that you have read and agreed to The Rules. Any violation of the rules will result in a warning, followed by a disqualification. (Don’t forget, you can get a pass if there’s a certain week you need to be excused from the participation rule. Just contact us!)
- It is only Day One so there’s not much to work with yet. Our main advice is just to have fun and vote however you want in the beginning. Even if Day One ends with you murdering a teammate (oops), you will still learn a lot of valuable information by observing how the other players react and vote.
- Player pronouns are listed next to player names on the Current Game page as well as on the player graphic. Please do your best to use a player’s correct pronouns when referencing them.
- When voting, please type your vote in ALL CAPS and on a separate line from the rest of your text so it is easy for Shannon and me to spot. Votes are not final until the deadline, so you can choose to switch who you vote for throughout the Day. You can also choose not to vote. Votes can be canceled anytime by commenting CANCEL VOTE.
- There is no option to “reply” to other comments on this blog. This is to ensure that all comments appear in chronological order. If you want to respond directly to someone else’s comment, we recommend starting your message with “@PlayerName:”.
- We are currently using Greenwich Mean Time for game deadlines. A countdown has been added to the blog menu to assist players in knowing how much time they have left to vote. The countdown will switch from “x days” to “x hours” once below the 24 hour mark. (You can also use this link to see when the deadline occurs at your local time, just add your location and it’ll do the math for you)
As always, don’t be afraid to contact us if you have any questions or just want to chat in private about what’s going on during the Game. We are here to help and want to make this as fun of an experience as possible! If it’s urgent, keep our time zones in mind: Inge lives on CEST (GMT/UTC+1) and Shannon on ET (GMT/UTC-5).
It is now Day One.
You have until Sunday 7pm GMT to discuss suspicions and cast your votes. Once the deadline has been reached, the person with the most votes will be eliminated.