Welcome to The Bookish Games, a variation of the game most commonly known as Mafia or Werewolf. If you want to know more about The Bookish Games, including How to Play, please check out the links in the menu.
NOTE: Only players who have signed up for the Game should comment on this post. If you are not a participant but want to talk about the Games, please contact us on Twitter and we’ll send you access to the Spectator chat.
Game Master’s Notes
Welcome players to Day One of The Bookish Games: A Darker Shade of Magic. Over the next few weeks you shall work towards achieving your goals, slowly eliminating one another while navigating the twists built into this game, and I’m looking forward to seeing just how many of you actually survive until the end.
Before we begin, a few reminders:
- Please make sure you have read your Role email prior to commenting in the game. (That first comment requirement is still in effect for this edition…)
- It is also assumed by now that you have read and agreed to The Rules. Any violation of the rules will result in a warning, followed by a disqualification. (Don’t forget, you can get a pass if there’s a certain week you need to be excused from the participation rule. Just contact us!)
- Because it is Day One, you really have nothing to base your votes or suspicions off of yet. Our main advice is just to have fun and vote however you want in the beginning. Even if Day One ends with you murdering a teammate (oops), you will still learn a lot of valuable information by observing how the other players react and vote.
- Player pronouns are listed next to player names on the Current Game page. Please do your best to use a player’s preferred pronoun when referencing them. (Note: If I was unable to locate your preference on social media / previous games, I left it blank. Leave your preference in a comment if you’d like it updated.)
- When voting, please type your vote in ALL CAPS and on a separate line from the rest of your text so it is easy for Inge, Crini, and me to spot. Votes are not final until the deadline, so you can choose to switch who you vote for throughout the Day. You can also choose not to vote. Votes can be canceled anytime by commenting CANCEL VOTE.
- There is no option to “reply” to other comments on this blog. This is to ensure that all comments appear in chronological order. If you want to respond directly to someone else’s comment, we recommend starting your message with “@PlayerName:”.
- We are currently using British Summer Time for game deadlines. A countdown has been added to the blog menu to assist players in knowing how much time they have left to vote. The countdown will switch from “x days” to “x hours” once below the 24 hour mark. (You can also use this link to see when the deadline occurs at your local time, just add your location!)
As always, don’t be afraid to contact us if you have any questions or just want to chat in private about what’s going on during the Game. We are here to help and want to make this as fun of an experience as possible!
It is now Day One.
You have until Sunday 9pm BST to discuss suspicions and cast your votes. Once the deadline has been reached, the person with the most votes will be eliminated.